Extra caution is required towards the year end. There’s a long tradition of online fraud over Christmas.
Spam and phishing mails in particular are currently in high circulation. Protect yourself against phishing by...
- never using any links you receive by e-mail, SMS or messenger services, and never scanning in any such QR codes to log into your financial institution facility.
- never filling in any forms received by e-mail and asking you to enter log-in information.
- treating any attachments received with e-mails and text messages with great caution.
- never disclosing any confidential information, such as passwords, during telephone calls.
- always entering the address for your online service provider or financial institution’s log-in page manually via the browser address line.
- checking there is an SSL connection (https://, lock symbol) when calling up a log-in page, and verifying that the Internet address shown in the address bar of your browser actually indicates that you have reached the correct page.
- contacting your financial institution if you are not quite sure or something is not completely clear.
«eBanking – but secure!» would like to wish you a joyful and serene Christmas time and a good and secure New Year of 2021!