Our basic course will teach you about current Internet threats and the basics of easily protecting yourself – with our “5 steps for your digital security” – against them. You will also learn how to apply some simple rules for secure e-banking.
First part: Current threats on the Internet
Second part: 5 steps for your digital security
- 1 – Backing up data
- 2 – Monitoring data via antivirus software/firewall
- 3 – Prevention with software updates
- 4 – Protecting online access
- 5 – Exercising care and remaining alert
First part: Some simple rules for secure e-banking
Target groups and preconditions
People wanting to find out how to securely use their computer (Windows and macOS), smartphone and tablet, and how to securely do their e-banking.
No specific previous knowledge required.
Duration: 2 ½ hours (including a break)
Held: On-site or online (using “Zoom”)
On-site course: CHF 60.00
Online course: CHF 50.00
Courses will be invoiced about a week before the course date.
You can cancel your course free of charge up to two weeks before it takes place. After that time, the full amount will fall due.
Course dates: On-site courses
All registered participants will be advised of the implementation modalities in good time.
- Aarau: Thu, 09.06.2022, 18:00 – 20:30 Register now!
Careum Weiterbildung, Mühlemattstrasse 42, 5000 Aarau
- Appenzell: Thu, 30.06.2022, 17:00 – 19:30 Register now!
Frischloft - Coworking Appenzell, Bankgasse 4, 9050 Appenzell
- Basel: Tue, 03.05.2022, 17:00 – 19:30 *** Fully booked! ***
Kaufmännischer Verband Basel, Aeschengraben 15, 4002 Basel
- Bern: Mon, 30.05.2022, 17:00 – 19:30 Register now!
WKS Bern, Effingerstrasse 70, 3001 Bern
- Fribourg: Wed, 08.06.2022, 17:00 – 19:30 Register now!
Haute école l’ingénierie et d’architecture, BD de Perolles 80, 1700 Fribourg
- Luzern: Wed, 11.05.2022, 17:00 – 19:30 *** Fully booked! ***
Hochschule Luzern - Wirtschaft, Zentralstrasse 9, 6002 Luzern
- Schwyz: Wed, 22.06.2022, 17:00 – 19:30 Register now!
Kaufmännische Berufsschule Schwyz, Riedstrasse 19, 6430 Schwyz
- Zürich: Wed, 04.05.2022, 17:00 – 19:30 *** Fully booked! ***
Kantonsschule Hohe Promenade, Promenadengasse 11, 8090 Zürich
Course dates: Online courses
Please note that you need a computer (running Windows or macOS) or tablet with Internet access and a speaker to attend our online courses. You will receive instructions on how to use Zoom plus our course presentation in the post from us before the course.
- Online: Tue, 26.04.2022, 17:00 – 19:30 *** Fully booked! ***
- Online: Wed, 08.06.2022, 19:00 – 21:30 Register now!
- Online: Mon, 20.06.2022, 17:00 – 19:30 Register now!
- Online: Wed, 22.06.2022, 17:00 – 19:30 Register now!
You will have to register for this course! Please use the top button displayed next to the required course. Please note you will be registering on the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts website, i.e. you will be redirected there.
The number of participants is limited. We reserve the right to move course dates.
These dates don’t suit you? Please enter your details here, and we will notify you as soon as any new course dates are published.
They were organised and will be held by Lucerne School of Computer Science and Information Technology.
In case of queries on this course, please use our contact form.
“eBanking – but secure!” offers a variety of other courses, too.
You can find our course overview here.